Point Pleasant Beach Municipal Court
Our firm, Marshall Bonus Proetta & Oliver, is the largest criminal firm in the area. It only makes sense then that our defense attorneys would possess a thorough understanding of what you are up against in Point Pleasant Beach Municipal Court. We not only know what the consequences of an arrest can be but, more importantly, the best way to navigate the municipal court so that our clients escape a conviction, criminal record, and penalties. In fact, one of the members of our criminal team, Matthew Dorry, is the former prosecutor of Point Pleasant Beach. As if this were not impressive enough, the attorneys at the firm also have over 100 years of collective experience that has includes the handling of countless criminal and traffic cases in the municipality. If you have been charged with an offense in Point Pleasant Beach, do not hesitate to contact us anytime 24/7 at (732) 286-6500 to discuss your summons or complaint. We have no doubt that our legal background can help you to resolve your case in the quickest and most convenient way possible.POINT PLEASANT BEACH MUNICIPAL COURT INFORMATIONA staggering total of 1,776 criminal complaints were filed in Point Pleasant Beach for the 12 months ending July 2016. Over 1,600 of these filings were a disorderly persons offense or ordinance violation falling under the jurisdiction of the Point Pleasant Municipal Court. The municipal court is located at 2233 Bridge Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey 08742. Tracey McCrystal is the Acting Court Administrator. Her and the rest of the administrative staff may be reached Monday through Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at 732-899-1636. The Municipal Court is closed Memorial Day and on Independence Day (day prior too if holiday falls on the weekend). The judge that will preside over your initial arraignment, pretrial hearings and trial is the Honorable James A. Liguori, J.M.C. Steven Zabarsky, Esq., is the prosecutor of the Point Pleasant Beach Municipal Court. Some of the more common charges heard each court session include Disorderly Conduct, Drinking Underage, Possession of Alcohol Underage, and False Identification. A conviction for any one of these offenses can carry heavy consequences, such as large fines, a permanent record and even imprisonment at the Ocean County Jail. For more information regarding Point Pleasant Beach Municipal Court, you may consult its official website.Point Pleasant Beach Municipal Ordinance Summonses & TicketsThe Point Pleasant Police Department issued over 700 summonses for municipal ordinance violations over the most recently reported 10 months ending April 2015. These offenses are tracked under the heading of other criminal by the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts. The most common infractions involved the following:
- 3-21.1. Unlawful Acts. This section makes it a public nuisance for any person to engage in: (a) indecent exposure; (b) exposing his/her genitals, pubic region or buttocks; (c) disorderly or improper conduct tending to annoy persons such as indecent gestures or acts; (d) indecent exposure of his or her private parts or engage in any lewd or indecent act or behavior; or (e) urinate or defecate in public places.
- 3-2.6 Noises Prohibited.
- 3-18.1 Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages. This is what is commonly referred to as the “open container law” or “drinking in public law.” It prohibits anyone from having an open container of alcohol and/or possessing an open container with intent to consume it in public.
- 3-19.1 Unlawful Evasion of Police. This applies when someone allegedly attempts to flee or run from police.
- 3-19.2 Obstruction or Interference with Police.
- 3-29.1 Fighting. This ordinance makes it unlawful to engage in “quarreling, brawling or otherwise misbehaving in a disorderly manner as to disturb the public peace in a public place.”
- 4.5.2 Misstating Age. This is essentially the municipal violation for possessing or using a fake ID.
Related Pages & Posts:Point Pleasant Resisting Arrest LawyerPoint Pleasant Fake ID Attorney
Point Pleasant Beach Cocaine Possession LawyerPoint Pleasant Beach NJ Assault AttorneyPoint Pleasant NJ Drug Possession Defense AttorneyPoint Pleasant Beach Marijuana Possession Lawyers